Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Last Easter was so tense for me.  The kids were still pretty young, Charlie still had colic, it was cold and rainy and we were still in that waking up to eat in the middle of the night phase. And while the kids are older, bigger, more balanced, I still had my apprehension about a big family Easter.  Would it be overwhelming?  How would we squeeze a nap in with all these people around?  What if we get there, they immediately have a melt down, and we have to leave? 

One of my favorite things about having kids is how much they surprise you.  Everyday with the surprises.  And Easter was one of the best surprise days.  They were perfection.  Played nicely, ate nicely, were super low maintanence.  Just enjoyed the back yard and the family time.  I couldn't have asked for a better day with my kids and my family.  And after the hard week my husband had the week before, it was nice the he had a day to just play  bag-o with my cousins in the backyard, without stress or concern.  I could see the tension in his shoulders start to release.  It was great.

I've always loved that I have the big, loving family that I do.  But I love it even more now that I know my kids will have that too.  The traditions will continue.  New life on Easter.  That's pretty perfect.







1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of low key family time - a little bbq, a few backyard games. Such a stress reliever. I'm glad it was nice and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete