Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let the sun shine

Despite the looming sadness that's hanging over us right now, I can't help but truly enjoy this day. I wish you were all at my house right now, drinking peach tea on our front porch and listening to the peace that surrounds our house. I think that's the word that encompasses this day the best - peace.

It's definitely spring around here and despite all those April showers we've already had, there have been some sunny days like you wouldn't believe. I finally cleaned our porch off really well so that the kids could get outside and play. Our pediatrician said we should start letting the babies work with crayons and chalk because they developmentally have the dexterity. As an artist, this excites me no end. I don't want to wish that time would speed up, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not at the absolute edge of my seat, waiting for the days when Charlie wants to make fairy wands and draw cards for her grandmothers. I can't wait for Davey to make treasure maps of the holes he dug in the yard to bury goodies and to make him super hero capes to fly around the house in. My parents were so generous in sharing their love of creating and exploring. I'm just so thankful I'll get to do the same with these little ankle bitters.

In the meantime, we're just making little scribbles on the porch and running with wobbly knees through the grass. I enjoy every grass stained pair of pants and every scraped knee. They're evidence that my kids are just living a kids life. They're right on track. Just let the sun shine in.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment