Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2 hours down...

3 more to go.  It feels like it's been forever already!  Not even halfway done.  Im quite sure I've never been this tired.  Ever.  Ever.  Ever.  Apparently Charlie was hip to what was going to happen today, because she woke up at midnight and never really went back to sleep.  This never happens.  Charlie is my good little sleeper.  I can honestly say she hasn't woken up like this since she was about 6 or 7 months old.  A fact I'm very proud of.  I think she may have noticed her brother wasn't there at dinner time, or bath time, or story time...he was no where to be found.  And that usually only means one thing - hospital time.  So Joe and I are running on two hours of sleep.  We'll be sharing one of those pull out chairs thats about the size of a twin bed for the next 2 nights while Charlie recovers.  Needless to say, by the time we go home, we'll be near hollow shells. 

I feel terrible for complaining.  Charlie is having to endure so much more than we are.  And she's totally tough about it.  I'm being the baby here.  But lawd I'm tired!

Enough of that.

Wanna see some pictures of Charlie just before she went back for surgery?  I know you do.


Enjoying some q.t. with the Corduroy bear Grandma sent her.


Gracious.  Smushie face baby.


She's delightful. 

They gave her this valium like syrup to keep her calm while she waited to go back.  She's already a pretty funny baby, but when she's baby drunk?  Hilarious.  And everything was hilarious to her.  The doctor will be shortening the bone in her left leg so that they'll be able to fit the ball joint of her femur into her hip socket.  Then they'll put her in a cast that will be similar to the one she had before, but it will cover half of her other leg as well.  I think thats to make sure that cast is good and secure while her leg and hip are assuming their correct position.  She'll be in the cast for 8-10 weeks, out of a cast for 3 or 4 weeks, and then she'll have the same surgery on the other leg, in a cast for 8-10 weeks, and hopefully done after that. 

All I know is that if this child wants a pony and a tiara made of real diamonds and a Corvette when she's 16, she'll most certainly be getting it.

Until then, we wait...


(I wish the lady next to me would stop burping not so discretely next to me. Guh-ross.)

6 comments:

  1. i just love her little face! i wanna kiss all over it! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. addie - you're the only one right now so we'll have to split the pony in half. which will make it the worst birthday gift ever. a pony split in half...the worst.

    tara - i chew on her nose. often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Mom and Dad and sweet Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks jondelyn! when she gets out, we wanna come see your shop. charlie loves yarn. teach her to knit! i mean later. she, like, just learned how to clap so knitting might be next month.

    ReplyDelete