Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dont stop till ya get enough

We made it through our first snow day of the year and I have to admit...it was a pretty jolly one.  We've been snowed in at my parents house because we were here on Sunday and within half an hour the roads got pretty treacherous.  I'm a little homesick for my bed and I want to see what my home looks like all covered in snow at the top of our hill.  But being in Batesville hasn't stopped us from having fun, no no. 

I just want to make a side note here, while it's actually going on, a cooler person would say Talking Heads mornings with the babies are the best.  But the fact is, Micheal Jackson mornings are the best.  Straight up. 

Anyway, back to the snow.  It's still pretty deep out there (maybe about 4 inches or so) and still pretty magical.  We haven't had anymore snowfall but we haven't had sun or warmth either, so the snow's just been hanging out.  I've enjoyed it's company.  Who knows when we'll get snow like this again?

If you're curious, I should mention that my prediction about the kids was wrong. 



Ha!  These kids.  They're unpredictable.  Charlie was completely unsure of what she was seeing and Davey just thought it was wonderful and squirmmed to get out of my arms so he could play in it!  Did not see that one coming.

We made snow angels! Well, I moved their arms.  I did all the work.  So I guess I should say I used the kids arms to make snow angels!


Davey's angel


Chuck's angel

Such a fun day.  I never got to make the snow man I wanted to with Joe, but maybe I'll get a chance to when he gets home from work today.  Fingers crossed. 

Here's a few other pictures from our snowy day:



I laughed so hard at Davey in his super padded jacket.  He couldn't crawl very fast in it or put his arms all the way down.  He's like the kid in A Christmas Story.  But he had a good attitude about it!



1 comment:

  1. ohmygod everyone one of these photos is adorable beyond belief. You make pretty babies and happy times. :)

    ReplyDelete