Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Out with the old

It's a new year.  Did you know?  Has this been pointed out by me a million times?  Anyway, I want to try to start the new year off right and that starts with actually folding all the laundry and putting it away instead of closing the laundry room door in disgrace at the overflowing piles of CLEAN laundry in baskets.  I started the project yesterday and realized that it's probably time to start getting rid of the 0-3 month clothes of Charlie and Davey's, what with them being 13 months old and all.  THIS IS THE SADDEST/HARDEST THING EVAR!  Gracious.  It's impossible not to get a little misty when you remember them being so small or how you loved that outfit on them.  Heartbreaking, really.  Make them stop growing! 

Here's some of the favorites I boxed up:










Bye bye old clothes.  I'll miss you so.  At least I get to keep the kids that were in them.

2 comments:

  1. Giving away Addie's clothe was one of the hardest things evar. But I was lucky I gave them to a great friend.
    It's weird that we get so attached to things that our kids just throw up on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been doing the same thing but opposite! I seriously washed every piece of clothes, towels, blanket in my house. there are no dirty clothes anywhere. this is a first in my lifetime i think. and i've been putting up new little pieces that babe will soon day wear and grow out of so fast!

    ReplyDelete