Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hubs

I just want to take a second to mention my wonderful husband.  If you know Joe at all, you know he's one of the most sincere people you could meet.  He's incredibly smart while not being a snob about it.  He's so down to earth and grounded and he's absolutely hilarious.  We went out the other night for his birthday and I just kept thinking "I don't think I laugh with anyone as much as I laugh with Joe".  He's delightful, people.  Just delightful.

Since Joe and I have been together (almost 2 years now), he's been working at a job he hates.  It's a job that has broken his spirit at times, or has just made life not as happy as it could or should be.  He's worked there, however, to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table along with other luxuries to make us comfortable.  Joe gives everything he has to our little family.  He's got a college degree and he's so widely talented, but in this job market, it's so hard to find something that actually appreciates how capable you are. Right now, just keeping a job is a big enough goal.  Yesterday Joe started a new job.  He's working for a company that will pay him more, give insurance to all of his family, and where he can climb the ladder and really see the fruits of his labor.  He's got a job where he can be happy and then he can bring that happiness home to us, and we all LOVE seeing daddy happy.

2011 has already brought us so much joy, with the news of Charlie's recovery going better than ever expected, our wonderful snow storm, Davey starting to take his first steps, and now Joe starting his new job.  I'm so grateful for all of these things.  And I know I wouldn't have the joy that I have if it weren't for that husband of mine.  He gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love.  And I love him back.  Like a crazy person should.


4 comments:

  1. That makes me so happy to hear that. I remember when you told me that was the last first date you would ever go on. I know we're not close, but when you're happy, I'm happy.
    BTW- my man started a job last week that he loves. He works for Gibson. -- he totally paints guitars. We live rock and roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks rae! he is the love of my life. i am so lucky.

    do you think gibson hired matt because he looks like a young elvis? hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! That is exciting!
    Congratulations to you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks more and more like a young elvis every day. Which I'm good with. Because, In the words of Shirley Manson "Elvis was a f*****g stud"

    Right this moment I am typing this, Addie is playing with a motorized rodent named Harriet and Matthew is learning a Hyden piece on his keyboard ( with full organ voice)

    Life is Beautiful

    ReplyDelete