Saturday, January 1, 2011

ticket to ride

There aren't a whole lot of other ways I'd like to spend New Year's besides the way I spent it this year.  My sister, Hannah, came in town, spur of the moment, with my brother in law.  We all gathered at my dads house with the kids and actually managed to stay up till midnight (miracle).  It was cozy and perfect.  I love to laugh with my sister.  She is the funniest person.  Like ever.  I'm serious.  It's really great to see her with the kids too.  She's going to be such a great mom.

Based on how rapid kids change, I imagine every year will be different from the last.  This time last year Charlie had colic, Davey just slept while she screamed, we had our house at about 90 degrees all the time because we were afraid of the kids getting sick (poor logic in hindsight), and we were still terrified of this new world we'd just entered.  This year we've gained confidence while the babies have gained personality.  The colic's gone, Davey still sleeps a lot (don't all boys?), our house will never be 90 degrees again.  I feel like a mom.  I've got my mom thick skin.  Joe looks like a dad.  Like our provider.  He is stronger than ever.  And so are we.  I'm nothing but excited about this new year.  2011 will be the year Charlie gets out of her cast and is done with surgery.  It will be the year they start to walk and talk. I'm just so excited.

So anyway, here are some pictures my sister snapped yesterday.  It was a warm last day of the year.  And of course its freezing today.  I'm glad my sister was able to capture some of our last few moments as 2010ers. They were pretty cute moments.








And for a grand finale, a picture of Charlie with her face up against the kitchen door and a video of Davey dancing to The Beatles.  He likes to sit right in front of the stereo and just...groove.  I love my musical children.  They are the best.








Happy New Year everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable, your house is adorable, and you are adorable! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha ohmy that picture of Charlie is priceless! like i'm in love!
    And, I love her dress. Did you make it?
    Also you are gorgeous. Davey has got some major rhythm and I hope you have an amazing year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! they are hilarious. and wonderful. carey, i did make charlie's dress. im so not the pillowcase dress type. im not a pink, girly type either. but for some reason i love making charlie as girly as possible. maybe trying to connect with a part of my childhood i missed out on (by choice)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. they have the best smiles ever! i can't wait to come see you guys. i'm going to take my car to the shop on monday. i'd come down this weekend, but i'm scared to drive. i think the poor car's front end might fall apart. soon though i'm coming down. i miss yall!!!

    ReplyDelete