Monday, January 10, 2011

I woke up in between a memory and a dream

Around here, in the south, when the weather guys start talking about preparing for a winter storm you're one of two people - the people that rush out andbuy 10 gallons of milk and 10 loaves of bread, or you're one of the non-believers.  I think, after so many false alarms in our lifetime, my family is made up mostly of non-believers. Snow? Psh.  Ok.  Sure thing.








Oh wait...you were, like, serious?

Well color me excited!  It really started coming down around 6 or 7 last night.  Dad and I ran out to get some provisions.  The roads were empty and the precipitation had turned into strictly snow.  By the time I got the kids down to bed (around 8) about 3 inches were on the ground.  It was magical.  Joe and I went out and walked around for a bit and I made a snow turtle (though it was to dark to take any pictures of it).  We got up around 7am and about 6 inches were on the ground!  It was AMAZING!! I'm a girl who grew up in the south.  I live in north Mississippi now, I moved here from Memphis, and before that I spent 8 years in Tallahassee, Florida.  Six inches of snow?!  This is crazy to me.  Easily the most snow I've ever seen.  I'm going to try to bundle the kids up and get them out in it in a bit.  Not for long, but long enough to get adorable, red cheeked pictures.  Prediction: Charlie will think its awesome, Davey will be scared of the snow.

Truthfully, I can't wait till the kids take a nap so I can go make a snow person!  Or an igloo.  Or a snow palace!  Go to sleep already, darn babies!  I got magic to make....

1 comment:

  1. hahah that is a lot of snow! Did you get to play in it yet? Stay safe and warm and snuggly!

    ReplyDelete